Before I continue I must apologise for the photos, the weather hasn't been all that good today, and the light for taking photos has been strange.
I've decided to try cut work as I've never done it before. I transferred my patten using grease proof paper and a soft pencil. Once the design was on the linen I then used a water soluble pen to make sure I could see the lines. Much easier than the way I was taught by an elderly lady in the village I grew up in. There I used grease proof paper to draw the design, then using a darning needle you pricked the lines of the design. Next you place the paper on the fabric and push powdered coloured chalk through the holes. Next find your watercolour set and paintbrush and you join up the dots of chalk.
Next research on how to do cut work. I went first to Mary Thomas and found that the first step is to work two rows of running stitch, just inside the pattern lines.
It book said to use buttonhole stitch, with the cut area to on the corded side. I started using a variegated thread. Now I'm not too sure, it looks a bit too stripey. Not happy with it so looked in another book.
A good day to be inside sewing. My garden is taking quite a battering today,
but I digress, back to the sewing.
This one suggested two rows of buttonhole stitch so I've tried this on the leaves, and so far think this is better. Might redo the petals.
Light fading so will put away til next Sunday.
Hope your Sunday has been a good one.